Old March 22nd 15, 11:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

"Double-A" wrote about
http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamasc...rials_bla.html
hanson wrote:

"Double-A" wrote:
The explosion incident on the Mt. Hood Highway turned
out to be the accidental detonation of some exploding
targets. Target shooters know when they hit them from
afar when the explode! You can make your own using
ammonium nitrate and powdered aluminum. One person
was killed, and it left a crater, still it seems something
the local police could have handled without calling in the
Feds. And I don't see way the highway had to be completely
closed for so long. The country is so on edge that it seems
every time a tire blows Homeland Security has to be notified!

hanson wrote:
Dude, the seed of that "edge" feeling goes back to the
Truman doctrine in 1948, and with it the co-committant
rise of Zio-Evangelism.

Now, we have to eat what we have sewn... and still, all
religious **** heads of all faiths hang onto their irrational
**** mentality.. even saying: "It's god's will. We are in the
End Times" ... .... unintended consequences.... Duh!

NH4NO3/Al mixes were Military explosives used since
WWII and dubbed as Tritonal or Nitral etc.
After 9/11 two things happened with NH4NO3.

1) AN was yanked off all the store shelf where it was
sold as fertilizer.
2) NH4NO3 manufacturers were forced to incorporate
tiny ID flakes into the AN-Beads, and sellers were
"regulated" and buyers are "registered" etc..

Reason (2) was the cause for the long shut down.
Investigators needed time to find & secure enough
ID flakes, so that Forensics can track down the culprits.

Double-A wrote:
You mean if I buy a bag of AN for my rose bushes,
I have to register as a terrorist?

hanson wrote:
Don't be coy or silly. The gummint does that for you,
and you won't weven know it. -- "Keep'em quiet and
keep'em in line" is the Prime Directive of all govts.

Double-A wrote:
Those ID particles are being found spread all over the place!
They are proving to be a very little value.

hanson wrote:
To YOU, they have none.
But to the Forensikers they are the holy grail,
and they take their sweet OVER-time to collect'em.

Double-A wrote:
Anyway, I always liked sulfur and zinc dust, or
potassium perchlorate and sugar!

hanson wrote:
Yes, Zn+S is harmless. It's available still in
chemistry sets and makes those lahars of
of erupting table top sized Mt. Hoods.

But try to get KClO4 and the man will come
looking for you with more then just a registry
demand.

BTW, you still don't believe that all this current
loss of personal liberty was/is caused by the
"faithful" mentioneed above, don't ya. Pity.