Old May 3rd 09, 03:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: NGC 5389, 5379 and 5376

Stefan Lilge wrote:
Last night had very good transparency and not too bad seeing, so conditions
were quite good by city standards in spite of the half moon.
To get the field I wanted I had to switch from guidescope to off-axis-guider
as adding the off-axis-guider gives a larger distance between reducer and
camera, and I had to rotate the camera 90 degrees, so north is to the left
in this image.

The "large" galaxy to the left is NGC 5389, above it NGC 5379. A bit above
the center of the image UGC 8859 can be faintly seen, the rather bright NGC
5376 is to the right.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a 10" Meade ACF at f/6.7 (image scale
ist 0,79 arcseconds/pixel) on a G11 mount, SXV-H9 camera, 39x5 minutes.

The image can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/5389-39x5gut.jpg

Stefan

Nice group. Not one I had on my list. Unfortunately that list is
growing faster than I can image.

Rick