Old June 19th 17, 10:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 8:20:23 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

AA bikes and bike lanes are big in Anaheim.Walmart sells about 100 every day.Thift store 20 bucks.Buy one.No waiting for a bus. With a back pack,and trailer its a way to go.Sailed all day.Weather was great. Trebert

Trouble is that most of the bikes they sell now don't even have fenders. A great design for California, but riding through Oregon's ten months of mud, you could get a brown streak up your back!

Currently 84F here in Gresham and wind NW at 6 mph.

I went on the bus down the hill to Troutdale today on a fact finding mission. Walked about two miles out past the Troutdale Airport, and back again. The sun was getting mighty hot, and my legs are killing me! Federal Express has a huge distribution facility out there. It seemed I was walking forever, but could not get past it! I think it employs about 400 people. The new even bigger Amazon distribution center will be beyond that, out on the site of the old Reynalds Aluminum Plant. The building I had an interest in is not at all suitable for any kind of food outlet. Better for machine shops and body shops, which is what it seems to be being used for now. There are already an Arby's, a McDonald's, A Shari's, and a DQ Grill & Chill in the general area. I saw a real freight train go by on a real railroad track, not the narrow gauge MAX commuter trains I am used to. Had to duck a couple times as small planes came in for landing, as the road runs right past the end of the runway!

The Factory Outlet Mall had a Subway Sandwiches place. Things look more prosperous there now than when I was down there a year ago. No vacancies. The bookstore I thought was going out of business is still there.

Up on Troutdale's main street, they have put a big iron archway which says, "Troutdale: Gateway to the Gorge". Most businesses there seem to be prospering. An old restaurant that my old friend Dennis once tried to run is now a Chinese food place. Not many vacancies for lease. Lad is still available for lease down in the industrial park.

Saw a bunch of young Japanese accountant looking types walking around. The Japanese are always sniffing out opportunities!

Double-A