Old July 12th 18, 03:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Professor from second-rate university thinks he's going to time travel

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 15:33:28 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 02:23:10 UTC-4, Quadibloc wrote:
On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 8:34:10 PM UTC-6, RichA wrote:
I'm surprised this guy isn't at the Institute for Advanced Study...not really.

I would tend to agree with Lee Smolin: time really does pass, and as Arthur C.
Clarke said, time travel "is a fit subject for fantasy, not science".

Still, your title made me think of an old science-fiction story about a failed
attempt by a scientist at Unknown University to solve the terrorism problem by
nipping it in the bud.

John Savard

What I like are moronic "scientists" who think that somehow, man is going to create "wormholes" when it would take an atom smasher the size of the galaxy just to see elementary particles as they really are. We will never have the power.

People like you classify as "moronic" that which you lack the
intelligence and education to understand.

Indeed, there is good reason to believe that we will never have the
practical means to create wormholes. That doesn't change the
underlying physics, however. Just because a wormhole might not be
something that can be made does not mean that the Universe doesn't
support the possibility of wormholes, with all the implications they
carry for both space and time. As such, this kind of inquiry is very
much a critical part of physics, carried out by many competent and
respected scientists. Or, as you call them, "morons". (A word that is
much more useful for evaluating its user than its targets.)