Old January 22nd 18, 07:03 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

Default No Significant Relief from Global Warming

On Monday, 22 January 2018 01:55:51 UTC+1, Chris L Peterson wrote:

It's not hard to understand. Anyone surprised a research scientist looking at the potential for life-time employment, grants and tenure playing "Man of La Mancha of global warming," no wonder they the fiction as real.

Don't really understand much about how science works, do you?

Our multilayered, multidisciplinary system of individual researchers and teams, all competing for ever more accurate results, would hugely reward those with really compelling data against AGW.

Is there some science Messiah about to save our world from AGW? Are there any "lottery winners" amongst the naysayers? I.e. Those who aren't in the pockets of Big Oil, Big Coal, Big Agro, Big Chem, Big Lobby, Big Money, Big Markets, Big Supermarkets, Big Electronics, Big Software, Big Publishing, Big Retail, Big Property, Big Fishing, Big Textile, Big Health, Big Pharma, Big Security, Big Defense, etc?

Tragically, for science, they don't have vast armies of "lawyers" and a limitless budget for lobbyists to defend the Ultra-rich terraformers from natural justice.