Old February 15th 10, 08:59 AM posted to sci.logic,alt.philosophy,sci.astro,sci.math
Pentcho Valev

Default CLIMATE-GATE, RELATIVITY-GATE, ENTROPY-GATE

Two valuable (incompatible) contributions to the COSMOLOGY-GATE:

http://www.pitt.edu/~jdnorton/teachi...ang/index.html
John Norton: "We can now return to the red shift that figures in the
Hubble expansion and give a more precise account of its origin. It is
not a traditional Doppler shift, but something more subtle. A distant
galaxy emits light towards us. The light waves with their crests are
carried by space towards us. For a distant galaxy, it can take a very
long time for the light to reach us. During that time, the cosmic
expansion of space proceeds. The effect is that the waves of the light
signal get stretched with space. So the wavelength of the light
increases and its frequency decreases. It becomes red shifted."

http://www.amazon.com/Brief-History-.../dp/0553380168
Stephen Hawking, "A Brief History of Time", Chapter 3:
"In the 1920s, when astronomers began to look at the spectra of stars
in other galaxies, they found something most peculiar: there were the
same characteristic sets of missing colors as for stars in our own
galaxy, but they were all shifted by the same relative amount toward
the red end of the spectrum. To understand the implications of this,
we must first understand the Doppler effect. As we have seen, visible
light consists of fluctuations, or waves, in the electromagnetic
field. The wavelength (or distance from one wave crest to the next) of
light is extremely small, ranging from four to seven ten-millionths of
a meter. The different wavelengths of light are what the human eye
sees as different colors, with the longest wavelengths appearing at
the red end of the spectrum and the shortest wavelengths at the blue
end. Now imagine a source of light at a constant distance from us,
such as a star, emitting waves of light at a constant wavelength.
Obviously the wavelength of the waves we receive will be the same as
the wavelength at which they are emitted (the gravitational field of
the galaxy will not be large enough to have a significant effect).
Suppose now that the source starts moving toward us. When the source
emits the next wave crest it will be nearer to us, so the distance
between wave crests will be smaller than when the star was stationary.
This means that the wavelength of the waves we receive is shorter than
when the star was stationary. Correspondingly, if the source is moving
away from us, the wavelength of the waves we receive will be longer.
In the case of light, therefore, means that stars moving away from us
will have their spectra shifted toward the red end of the spectrum
(red-shifted) and those moving toward us will have their spectra blue-
shifted."

The scientific community sees nothing idiotic in any
procrusteanization of the wavelength allowing the speed of light to
appear constant. The reason:

"YES WE ALL BELIEVE IN RELATIVITY, RELATIVITY, RELATIVITY"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkLLXhONvQ

"DIVINE EINSTEIN"
(No-one's as dee-vine as Albert Einstein not Maxwell, Curie, or B-o-o-
ohr!)
http://www.haverford.edu/physics-astro/songs/divine.htm

Pentcho Valev wrote:

The essence of COSMOLOGY-GATE:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/ed...0205-nh2d.html
"The wavelength of light from a galaxy that is accelerating away from
our Milky Way is "stretched" so the light is seen as "shifted" towards
the red part of the spectrum."

The above fraud is a relatively new version of a classical fraud
designed to camouflage the falsehood of Einstein's 1905 light
postulate: in order for the speed of light to appear constant, the
wavelength should change in an idiotic way (it is granted that the
scientific community invariably sings "Divine Einstein" and "Yes we
all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity"):

http://sampit.geol.sc.edu/Doppler.html
"Moving observer: A man is standing on the beach, watching the tide.
The waves are washing into the shore and over his feet with a constant
frequency and wavelength. However, if he begins walking out into the
ocean, the waves will begin hitting him more frequently, leading him
to perceive that the wavelength of the waves has decreased. Again,
this phenomenon is due to the fact that the source and the observer
are not the in the same frame of reference. Although the wavelength
appears to have decreased to the man, the wavelength would appear
constant to a jellyfish floating along with the tide."

http://www.pitt.edu/~jdnorton/teachi...ang/index.html
John Norton: "Here's a light wave and an observer. If the observer
were to hurry towards the source of the light, the observer would now
pass wavecrests more frequently than the resting observer. That would
mean that moving observer would find the frequency of the light to
have increased (AND CORRESPONDINGLY FOR THE WAVELENGTH - THE DISTANCE
BETWEEN CRESTS - TO HAVE DECREASED)."

Pentcho Valev