Old September 13th 08, 07:25 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.physics,sci.geo.geology
oriel36[_2_]

Default Why Earth's mantle is solid

On Sep 12, 8:29*am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
On Sep 12, 7:52 am, "Spaceman"
wrote:
oriel36 wrote:

snipped
Ask a simple question -

In the absence of daily rotation,would a location on Earth keep the
same face to the Sun over the course of a year and therefore
experience constant daylight or would a location change its
orientation to the central Sun and experience a year long day in
terms of daylight/darkness ?.

If the Earth was not rotating with reference to space itself.

If the Earth were not rotating - period .No rotation,no pointing,no
reference, nothing just orbital motion by itself .Then you look at
what any location on Earth will do over an orbital period.

Once a person clues into what is happening,and it is orbitally
fascinating,they will see just how big that additional and overlooked
orbital component is,truly !.

Without daily rotation, we would get half year light, half year night.
on one point of the Earth.
We would only get a perceived rotation as one percieved rotation
per year but not a physical rotation.
The light from the sun would still travel around the Earth once per
year if that is the "no rotation" of Earth yo

Yes James,it already happens at the North and South poles where daily
rotation is at its least.They already experience a year long cycle of
daylight/darkness and if daily rotation did stop,every location on the
planet would experience the same thing.

This year long daylight/darkness cycle is due to the orbital motion of
the Earth and not 'axial tilt' and that is where the major change in
explanation occurs.I know too well just how tricky it is at first to
get your head around it at first however the time lapse footage of
Uranus will help in showing how the orbital motion of the planet
behaves separately to daily rotation.The mind tends to want to join
the daily rotation and orbital motion and that is why the variable
'axial tilt' explanation has remained for so long whereas if you just
see orbital motion without daily rotation (as close as physically
possible at the poles) it is possible to see what is happening as the
Earth orbits the Sun.

Look,it is possible to keep taunting those who cannot alter their
views and God knows some of them deserve it however it is much better
to demonstrate where modern imaging can be put to spectacular use if
the right people can interpret the images correctly and certainly
this particular topic has huge benefits for climate studies along with
a separate insight based on geological implications arising from daily
rotation.In short,I hope people actually look at the motions of the
Earth and depart from the awful framework created in the late 17th
century by Flamsteed,Newton and their followers.

I am thinking you mean NOT like the moon that faces one point
towards us at all times which actually is one physical revolution each
orbit..)
That is what I was saying, I probably should not have used the
pointing method since that would create rotation like the moon
does.

Snipped
I think I might be getting it, but I would like to know if you think
my answer above is following what you stated and what you tried
to point out to me.

Keep trying and then use daily rotation and the slow orbital change
with respect to the central Sun to move on to why the noon cycles vary
in length (not the same thing as daylight/darkness variations).It is a
bit tricky but once you see it,it changes many,many things.

I am slowly putting it together I think
Going to get some sleep though right now.
Been a tiring day trying to spread the word about clock malfunctions
as you know.

--
James M Driscoll Jr
Creator of the Clock Malfunction Theory