Old September 21st 06, 06:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Starlord

Default Whence spiral galaxies?

Take a look at the Ant galaxys, two sprial which on their first pass have
torn gas/dust out and way and there's major star forming there, they will
return on the next go around and most likly end up floming a larger spiral
galaxy as their two Black Holes mearg into one Black Hole.

Look at todays hubble news, galaxys that had formed just about 1 billion
years after the big bang and so far they've counted 500 of them just from
one area, take that 1 degree slick and figure out the other 59 dregrees
worth and the number of galaxys becomes mind staging.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

"Mike Ruskai" wrote in message
On or about Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:28:25 -0700 did "Starlord"
dribble thusly:

And in another billion years, our galaxy and M-31 will start the dance of
death and will endup sometime in the far furture mearing together to
become
a vastly bigger spiral galaxy.

Actually, all the models I've heard of predict that two large spirals
always create an elliptical when they merge.
--
- Mike

Ignore the Python in me to send e-mail.