Old July 15th 13, 07:47 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,sci.astro
Wizard-Of-Oz

Default THE METRIC OF REALITY

George Hammond wrote in
news
You seem incredulous that human mental speed is only 16
bits/sec despite the fact that it was discovered by Edison
that the slowest you can run a movie film is 16 frames per
second.

I find it incredulous that you imply very clearly there that an entire
image in a film frame is one bit. Utter nonsense.

Perhaps you use a different definition of "bit" to what is used by everyone
else?

You seem to not comprehend the physical meaning of
that.

That seems to be *your* problem.

So since you are a musician and a piano player I thought
perhaps a musical explanation might have more meaning for
you. You’ve heard it said hundreds of times that the human
hearing range is "20 to 20,000 Hz". Well, deeper
investigation shows that lower number is not actually 20 it
is actually, again, the magic number 16. And the reason it
is 16 cps is EXACTLY the same reason that a movie camera has
to run at least 16 frames per second. It is because the
human brains "COGNITIVE" processing system only runs at 16
bits per second!

Utter nonsense again. By your "logic" we could not hear sounds with a
HIGHER frequency than 16 hz. And that as one gets older the lower limit
must decrease.

Really .. you're just linking things arbitrarily without any thought or
logic. That's quackery.