Old April 22nd 13, 11:27 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default Soviet Mars 3 lander found?

not a matter of if but when

Let me know when they'll pay enough to cover the costs of mounting the
effort and I'll go ahead an book that ski vacation in Hell....

the thing about this is, we have had missions to earth crossing
asteroids, we are planning on a mission to move a asteroid thats
larger than snoopy, there are surveys to find asteroids.

infrastructure wise all the parts necessary to recover snoopy will be
in place for other purposes. all it will take is funding the actual
hardware. plus launch vehicles are getting much cheaper thanks to
musk.....

everything has a right time for all sorts of reasons. the right time
for snoopy is now.

excellent proof of concept for a asteroid mover.

plus the science issues......

how has snoopy held up after so long, how about any living organisms
onboard???

humans lived aboard..... what of poop packages?