Old November 30th 04, 10:12 PM
Rand Simberg

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:58:38 -0600, in a place far, far away, Joe
Strout made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

The best solution to the [bends] would be a mobile, high-pressure
suit, but NASA's never developed one.

I've been thinking a lot about space suits lately. I'm starting to
wonder if they're not a good approach for orbital EVA-type work.

Has anyone considered instead a small mobile pod instead?

That's actually an idea as old as the space age itself. There used to
be a mural in the DEI Room at Rockwell Downey showing assembly workers
with them putting together a solar power satellite.

But NASA hadn't developed one of those, either.