Old October 26th 11, 11:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

Default Major analysis confirms global warming is real

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:54:26 +1100, "Peter Webb"
wrote:
They've all been answered before- and by people who, unlike

yourself,
understand science.

Sorry, yesterday when I wrote the questions I wasn't aware that

there were
already expert answers already available on the internet.

There are lots of things you aren't aware of....

Perhaps you can provide a link to the answers?

Doing so is pointless, since you'll just misinterpret the link, then
you'll forget about it and re-ask the same question again, and again,
and again...

Here are the questions again:

'Take for example

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:In...e_Record_(NASA
).svg
The 5 year average global temperature was lower in 1963 than at any

time
since 1935. Was "global warming" occurring in (say) 1961? How do

you know?
What calculation based on temperatures (which is what was measured)
determines if "global warming" is occurring or not occurring at

some point
in time?'

In that particular case no calculation is necessary - a quick glance
at the figure you linked to is enough. Unless you're blind
(physically or mentally) that is....

You appear to be confusing me with somebody else. I personally have

never
asked if the earth was warming in (say) 1961.

There you go again! You add or change a small detail in your
question, then you claim your question is completely new even though
it's just a small variation of questions you've already asked many
times before.

I just want a scientific term defined. That term being "global

warming".

That definition is simple: there is a global warming if the global
mean temperature increases. It's no more complex that that.

Such that given a complete temperature record

Sorry but you'll never reach that ideal. All available temperature
records are and will be incomplete. That's what you'll have to work
with. If you require perfection, you'll never be able to draw any
conclusions.

And here's where your agenda reveals itself: you want to avoid the
obvious conclusions, and you do so by requesting unattainable
perfection.