Old January 22nd 04, 01:11 AM
Rand Simberg

Default Space Program Needs The Right Stuff

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:57:32 -0800 (PST), in a place far, far away,
"Mike Combs" made the phosphor
on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

On which topic, how about moving the Space Station from its political
orbit to an orbit in our solar system ecliptic. This would greatly
improve its utility.

It wouldn't stay there.

I assume you're refering to lunar influences.

No, I'm talking about nodal regression due to the equatorial bulge.

How about equatorial orbit? That might at least make it a better node for
trips to the moon.

That would at least be a constant orbit with respect to the ecliptic.