Old February 14th 10, 11:04 AM posted to sci.space.history
Val Kraut

Default Mars atmosphere

It's not just temperature - it's also atmospheric pressure that requires a
suit

wrote in message
Please forgive a stupid question, but my curiosity got the better ofme. I
was
reading that duing a Mars summer, the temperature hits around 70 degrees.
Would
it theoretically be possible for a human to venture onto the Mars surface
in
these temperatures, in more or less shirtsleeves, using only an oxygen
mask?
Just for a short term, or maybe not. Like I said, a stupid question, but
given
the Earthlike temperature, it got me wondering. Thanks.