Old March 28th 05, 02:44 PM
orion94nl

Default M 104, Stargate and Jaws

Hi all,

I just added a wonderful trio of deepsky objects to my Deepsky TOP
100:

Stargate, Jaws and M 104.

Stargate and Jaws are two asterisms from Phil Harrington's book "The
Deepsky, an introduction". They will help you to locating M 104,
a bright galaxy near the Corvus-Virgo border. All three objects are
very easy to locate and recognize, even from a suburban
backyard. I found them with my 8-inch in a heavily light polluted
southern sky. My advice, get out and hunt them down!

For an article with an online finder chart, a downloadable finder
chart (PDF), and sketches of the objects, follow the link below.

http://www.backyard-astro.com/deepsky/top100/15.html

Enjoy!

Math
http://www.backyard-astro.com