Old January 29th 13, 10:41 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default Apollo 13, what if the SMs tank had exploded after the LM hadbeen on the surface

On Jan 28, 8:26*am, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article c046a8b5-2976-448b-bc75-8d21f6a13333
@x18g2000yqo.googlegroups.com, says...

Obviously the crew had no way to get home. Would apollo continued to
possibly recover the astronauts bodies? *was there any way to even get
the bodies home?

Were there any plans for such a sad event? Or one where the LM crew
gets stranded on the surface? leaving the CM pilot to come home alone?

yeah i know its a gruesome topic but do wonder if there were any plans
for such outcomes?

would the 13 SM defect had been found with a crew stuck in orbit?

More "what if" b.s.? *I don't consier that history, I consider it
fiction.

Jeff

call it whatever you want. the military tries its best to return all
dead military members to their family.I recently had a realtive in
afghanistan see his best friend die. kevin had to kill the 13 year old
aghanistan kid who killed his buddy, then drag his buddys body back to
a safer place.

so would nasa just leave the dead crew, but continue flying more
missions? or try to recover the bodies however they could.

if a soyuz has a problem in transit to ISS and the crew dies are there
any plans to attempt recovering the bodies?