Old January 28th 12, 03:11 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jonathan

Default gingrich (speaks with forked-tongue)

"bob haller" wrote in message
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/news/n1201/25gingrich/

moonbase by 2020 he must be dreaming, and no mention of where the
money is coming from......

He said ...exactly where the money would be coming from
a few months ago. By....eliminating NASA! And giving
the money to the private sector.

You space folks are so gullible.

Replace NASA with incentives to private sector

Q: What role should the government play in future space exploration?

GINGRICH: I'm a big fan of going into space and I worked to get the shuttle
program to survive at one point. But NASA has become a case study in why
bureaucracy can't innovate. If you take all the money we've spent at NASA
since we landed on the moon and you had applied that money for incentives to
the private sector, we would today probably have a permanent station on the
moon, and a new generation of lift vehicles. And instead, what we've had is
bureaucracy after bureaucracy and failure after failure. We're at the
beginning of a whole new cycle of extraordinary opportunities. And,
unfortunately, NASA is standing in the way of it, when NASA ought to be
getting out of the way and encouraging the private sector.

PAWLENTY: I don't think we should eliminate the space program.

GINGRICH: I didn't say end the space program. I said you could get into
space faster & more effectively, if you decentralized it & got it out of
Washington.

Source: 2011 GOP primary debate in Manchester NH , Jun 13, 2011