Old August 7th 03, 02:20 AM
Stephen Stocker

Default Proved? That's not Funny Ha-Ha, that's Funny Sad

In article et,
Terrence Daniels wrote:
"Michael Gardner" wrote in message
In article EjeYa.82504$o%2.37988@sccrnsc02,
"Paul Maxson" wrote:

Probably a waste of time, but I think the Bible your ancestor occasionally
refers to says that the average person has a God-given obligation to help
those who clearly need help, so I might as well try... Besides, I'm killing
time at the moment:

1. You can "debate to learn"

You don't do that.

You do not have to prove you credential unless you are a Maxson. Double

standard.

You bet your ass, since several people here are "known quantities" with
actual engineering creds who answer questions about said credibiliy when
asked, unlike you & your kinfolk.

If credentials were all that mattered, Challenger and Columbia would
still be flying.

Not to mention that most people here seem
SECURE in their credentials, instead of, say, reacting like a vampire under

Yes, most people do seem secure. But I don't think you're referring to
most people, but rather some of the noisiest. They sound anything
*but* secure. Replying to a post concerning the Challenger with witty
lines like "They're all trailer trash" reflects a high level of
insecurity.

a heat lamp when they get asked why they feel that they are qualified to
create fantasies about why a technical, scientific system designed by actual
engineers supposedly did the impossible. Y'all seem to have a real problem
with... You know... PROVING stuff. With EVIDENCE. That other people can
actually believe and even *gasp shock horror* independently verify.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=evidence

If I came in here and made wild-ass claims that somehow the entire world was
really not functioning the way it was supposed to, I'd be asked to do the
same thing, no? Amazing how you are simultaneously

A. The only people who don't understand this and
B. The only people making wild claims that nobody can verify and
C. The only people actively pimping a book about your claims.

So you disagree. That's healthy.

7. OM needs some serious counseling but the group is afraid of him.
I'm still working on why that is but I have a theory.

Afraid of him? Like he's going to bite me through the monitor? OM is OM.
Shrug. Funny you should mention anybody needing counseling... That's
downright perverse, considering the source.

And JM is JM. Yet you prefer the postings of one who can rarely get
through a post without hurling some silly epithets to those of a man
whose scientific credibility you doubt? And you further question the
mental health of the latter, but not the former? I guess it's your
business.

As for the personal stuff... It's Usenet. That doesn't make it right, but
it's not like that's unprecendeted. Surely the same thing happens anywhere
you get people into groups?

Well, not in person.

In any event, this whole "Maxson" obsession sounds like something from
the Beverly Hillbillies. "We's a-feudin' with them thar Maxsons, be
sure not to talk with 'em, ya hear?". And I'm seriously supposed to
accept as "scientific" the opinions of those who allow themselves to
be drawn into it?

Steve