Old January 20th 19, 04:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default Belt mode noise comparison vs. gear

On Saturday, 19 January 2019 20:03:43 UTC-5, StarDust wrote:
On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 9:24:30 AM UTC-8, RichA wrote:
On Friday, 18 January 2019 09:34:36 UTC-5, StarDust wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE0FK0KDROw

I think, I can used this belt drive?
My Vixen GP/D EQ gears gets very noisy too in the silence at night!

Meade ETX was one of the worst for this. Not sure how good they are now.

I owned an ETX 90 long time ago for while, sounded like a coffee grinder.
New redesigned version is out, not sure how good is it?
Newer ones the OTA removable!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Uy88iEZ_c

Technically, so are the old ones, but it's difficult. They do have tripod mounts to act as spotters.