Old December 20th 18, 12:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default earth tilt to 45 deg?

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 1:48:37 PM UTC-8, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

What would happen if the Earth's tilt would shift to 45 deg
suddenly or in a short period of time? Would we survive?

The amount of energy involved to cause that would vaporize the planet
and everything on it.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Don't see why would our planet vaporise?
Let's say a large asteroid would hit our Moon, knocking it out of orbit or much farther away, so earth would wobble more?