Old November 10th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.arts.sf.science,sci.astro
Michael Ash

Default Main Sequence Stellar Mass Function?

In rec.arts.sf.science BradGuth wrote:
On Nov 9, 7:36 pm, wrote:
On Nov 9, 9:59 pm, wrote:

... it shows an entire small sized (3x3) game map in a
single view so the map image is about 12 megs and the HTML is another
2. (It has about 32,500 stars/nexuses on the map and I expect should
be good for about 32 players.

Oops. I should mention that it has a maximum of about 32,500 stars/
nexuses if perfectly distributed, but on average gets more like 5,600
with the algorithm I am currently using. If I make it more diligent*
is will seed more stars/nexuses, but the map become too visually
crowded.

* The algorithm will try X number of times to find a clear spot on the
map for a star/nexus. If it fails that number of times to find a spot
then the algorithm ends. If I make X larger the map becomes more
crowded and vice-versa.

Oops. I forgot to mention that I don't care for games of any kind.
The real life game itself is more than sufficient, especially when my
real life game allows me to make a difference that actually counts for
something.

Wow, a kook *and* a jerk! What a combination!

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth