Old January 9th 04, 09:01 PM
Zdenek Jizba

Alex wrote:

It's just like NASA having a flexible orbital structures program, that
doesn't work, yet they are not interested in companies like the one I
work for, who have existing technologies that do work, flexible space
station modules are no different than flexible decompression chambers,
except that decompression chambers are far stronger, in the region of
5 to 6 times stronger, I suppose they will waste a ton of cash on
developing stuff that already exists. Just imagine how quickly and
cheaply you could put an orbital station up if it was made of certain
types of special fibre and plastic, I did the maths and costings of a
module 10 meters in diameter and 50 meters long, well within the
capabilities of an aryan rocket, and it would only cost the same as 3
NASA space suites, of course this is existing technology and NASA
doesn't own the patents to it, so I suppose it will cost a few hundred
million dollars to get to the same point we are, we should all
remember that the European Space Agency is no better, it chucks money
away just like NASA, it's just not so blatant about it.

Are you referring to transhab?