Old October 19th 18, 02:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default OT? Amateur Astronomy

On Friday, October 19, 2018 at 12:07:54 PM UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
On 19/10/2018 06:35, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
On Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 8:30:01 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins
wrote:

This shows that Augustine, unlike you understood that circumpolar
rotation is the true rotation of the Earth. All he needed to leap
right past your limited and warped understanding was an accurate
clock.

The danger of Royal Society empiricism , much like Brexit, is it
emerged from the university subculture in Britain and no appeal to
reason will change their blinkered attitude as they bluff and bluster
their way.

The Royal Society is concerned with the study or real science and cares
nothing about your inarticulate emotional rantings on the subject.

I have news for you boy, I have no regard for people who don't have the intelligence to affirm that the Lat/Long system contains the information for one full rotation of the Earth. I can go so far as to help people out with the dumb idea of projecting the Earth's rotation into an RA/Dec celestial sphere and even commend the system for predicting astronomical events as precise times within the calendar framework but ultimately a dumb and narrow-minded a bunch that has ever existed on the surface of the Earth.

It took the Royal Society dummies 150 years to enact the calendar correction which brings days and dates in line with the Solstice/Equinox points after thew Church enacted the crucial correction back in 1582 so don't talk to me about what is real or ranting.

What is worse is that celestial sphere 'explanations' are creeping in via NASA websites of all places -

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap170319.html

Emotional ! - you means exasperation that humans can sink this effin low.