Old November 3rd 08, 02:59 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

Default HST repair delayed; Ares 1-X launch slips

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 18:15:50 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I don't know if multiple propellant tanks would help or not, it would
certainly cut down propellant sloshing a great deal, but that problem
was already addressed many years ago around the time that the Jupiters
started going out of control as their propellants started shifting
during launch.

....Correct. And slosh baffling was required on Saturn I as well, which
reminds me of one of my "holy grails" of space history: getting the
films of the "beer can" tests of the central tank to finally determine
once and for all whose brand(s) of beer contributed to that phase of
the program. Ranks right up there with finding out which golf balls Al
Shepard took up with him on A14 :-P

OM
--
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [