Old March 4th 07, 06:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Eclipse of the Moon

J McBride wrote:

I almost missed it because of the weather. Lake effect and clouds prevented
it from being seen except through the haze and only for a few minutes was I
able to see the event. Not my best work but one takes what one
gets...especially with the weather in MI

CP4500 70mm refractor @ 100ASA

Looks like much the same skies we had here once the moon cleared the
trees. By then it was 10 minutes from the end. Now light snow is
falling though I still can see a star or two. This lake sits in a hole
with 400 foot hills all around so I have no horizon. South is best and
that limits me to about 4 degrees from the true horizon. East is the
worst of course!

With 24" in two back to back storms we are quickly catching up on our
snowfall deficit though they are very dry snows. So won't help as much
as we'd like.

Rick