Old November 13th 17, 10:04 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default The Dream Chaser spacecraft has completed a successful free flight

In article , says...

On 11/13/2017 6:30 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:

There is a brief discussion of the XCOR bankruptcy on ARocket with more
knowledgeable people than I shedding a bit of light on the event.

With some interesting speculation about who will be around to pick up
the XCOR IP (which is mainly the Lynx Engine) at Chapter 7 auction.

What is peculiar is that ULA showed some interest in Lynx and then
essentially walked away from XCOR rather than offering a buyout which
would have guaranteed their ownership of all IP.

ULA is having trouble of their own. They've "streamlined" operations,
which meant layoffs. They are also furiously working on Vulcan to
replace both Atlas V and Delta IV in order to remain competitive on
price.

Based on their past actions, I can't believe ULA will be a bidder at
auction, makes no sense.

Sierra Nevada would be an interesting bidder but I doubt they have the
pockets for it if another bidder is serious.

Agreed. If Sierra Nevada had deeper pockets, Dream Chaser would be
further along than it is today.

I expect SpaceX to take a pass...

Same. I don't see SpaceX needing any of XCOR's IP.

Perhaps Aerojet, just to prevent any useful IP from making its way to a
competitor.

Jeff