Old November 22nd 04, 06:07 PM
Harald Kucharek

Explorer8939 wrote:
I am having a hard time finding any long duration Apollo CSM flights
prior to October 1968. There were 2 short orbital tests on the Saturn
V, but it appears that all Saturn IB flights were sub orbital. I am
surprised that NASA did not schedule a full dress rehearsal of Apollo
7 on orbit in the summer of 1968.

I guess there was no need for an unmanned long duration flight. Maybe
they got all the data needed form the 2TV-1 test in June 68.
Gee, one week in the vacuum chamber in a CSM without the comfort of zero
gravity... Engle, Brand and Kerwin earned an ealier flight than they
finally got.

Harald