Old October 26th 17, 08:35 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Nicolaas Vroom

Default WIMPs

On Friday, 20 October 2017 06:50:35 UTC+2, Steve Willner wrote:
There have been many discussions here about WIMPs and searches for
them. Today's CfA Colloquium given by Dan Hooper of Fermilab offered
a good overview of the subject. It's available at

https://youtu.be/pPs_tvDYAl4

Doing a search with "annihilating dark matter" I found this:
https://fermi.gsfc.nasa.gov/science/...14A_Hooper.pdf
"Dark matter annihilating in the galactic center"

I also found this:
https://arxiv.org/abs/1403.4495
"Dark matter Annihilation in the Universe"
Which describes this annihilation process (shortly after the Big Bang?)

The Hooper 2017 talk also discusses millisecond pulsars

A search with "millisecond pulsars dark matter" I found this:
https://futurism.com/dark-matter-hop...lactic-center/

Which reads:
"New analysis by U.S. and European teams indicates that the excess of gamma
rays emanating from the center of the galaxy probably comes from pulsars,
not dark matter."

Also this:
https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstrac...ett.116.051102
"Strong Support for the Millisecond Pulsar Origin of the Galactic
Center GeV Excess"

This still raises the question:
Which is the best explanation that the observed galaxy rotation
curves (in general) do not match the calculated curves based on
visible (baryonic) matter?

Nicolaas Vroom