Old September 13th 16, 03:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Razzmatazz

Default Evidence for the existence of God

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 8:47:38 PM UTC-5, Gary Harnagel wrote:
On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 3:06:43 PM UTC-6, Razzmatazz wrote:

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 2:46:02 PM UTC-5, Gary Harnagel wrote:

I may be wrong, but I think these two experiences are indeed connected
and were designed by Providence (as George Washington would say) for those
whose faith has been eroded by the caustic winds of doubt.

Gary

Personally I doubt it but YMMV. To me it has the whiff of idolatry or the
worship of graven images. It may even have a bit of the "hey I can make
money off this" feel to it.

Well, Akiane has a website with dozens of her paintings for sale :-)

Nevertheless it may also provide comfort to those who wish it to be so.

Mostly, I think, it just bolsters their faith a bit.

The thing is, if you stick to words, your philosophy has real substance.

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words :-)

Lemme ask you, do you find anything in these 7 principles to be objectionable?

1st Principle: The inherent worth and dignity of every person;

Nope.

2nd Principle: Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;

Nope

3rd Principle: Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual
growth;

Nope.

4th Principle: A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;

Nope.

5th Principle: The right of conscience and the use of the democratic
process in society;

Not in the present world. Did you ever read anything about "macrolife"
by Dandridge Cole?

6th Principle: The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice
for all;

It's a good goal but there are a lot of disrupters.

7th Principle: Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of
which we are a part.

Do you mean "Gaia"?

If you are really interested in what constitutes a free nation run on
Christian principles, consider this essay by Bill Moyers, who I consider
to be a moral voice of reason, a true Christian in the classic sense:

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/1761...meri ca/#more

Let me know where you think Trump stands, what principles he espouses
(besides making oodles of money for himself).

I think Pence, or even Kaine, would be much better presidents than the ones
running for the office.

Kaine I would take in a heartbeat. Pence scares the **** out of me, even more than the Donald. With Pence we would have a theocracy, and a lot of Christians would eventually be very very sorry.