Old July 9th 18, 11:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Venus and Regulus

http://earthsky.org/tonight/venus-re...3463-393914769

The distance from me to the horizon provides a sunshade where Venus in all its glory can be seen to the left of the Sun from our perspective as it turns in to the front of the Sun before becoming a morning appearance -

https://www.theplanetstoday.com/

The only time this perspective is suspended, with Venus and Regulus to the left and right of the Sun is on a solar eclipse when the moon acts as a sunshade where Regulus and Venus can be seen both to the left and right of the Sun -

http://en.es-static.us/upl/2016/11/r...7595696172.jpg