Old June 24th 17, 02:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Close Sun-orbiting mirrors for beamed propulsion and space solar power.

wrote:

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 12:55:31 PM UTC-4, Fred J. McCall wrote:
wrote:

I was thinking about beamed energy for Earth to-orbit power.

Well, you should stop thinking about it. You will only, as is your
wont, reinvent it badly with sketchy science.

snip said reinvention

If it is reinvention that is ok. Getting products on my own makes me feel close to the cutting edge. A duplicate means comparative applied intelligence has occurred.

It means no such thing. What it means is: 1) You're trying to
'invent' in a field that you haven't a clue about the current state of
the art of, and 2) Because you usually come up with some really
technically ****ed up way to try to do something we already know how
to do if we want to, you just waste everyone's time.

snip

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine