Old June 23rd 17, 07:51 PM posted to rec.arts.sf.science,sci.space.policy,sci.optics,sci.physics,sci.military.naval
Crowell, Jeff

Default Close Sun-orbiting mirrors for beamed propulsion and space solarpower.

Robert Clark wrote:
A reflectivity of 99.7% is probably good enough for the purpose. But
this new research is to make it over the entire optical and infrared range.

For the existing materials with high reflectivity over limited
wavelengths I wonder if it would be possible to stack
them to get the high reflectivity over a larger wavelength range.

Also, instead of a high reflectivity mirror could we use a ultra low
absorption lens?

Sundiver, anyone?

Jeff