Old March 29th 13, 08:23 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Fast track Soyuz is docked

I'd imagine it will depend on individuals, even whether they ahve flown
before. I heard a recent interview with a visiting Astronaut here in the UK
in which he said that the first time was far worse for the nausea problems.
Your brain obviously remembers. I suppose it could be that they are now
perhaps finding ways to induce the actual effect better on the ground than
the old method of the multi axis chair.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"JF Mezei" wrote in message
eb.com...
What is the possible frequency of the "fast launch" ?

For instance, would there be one opportunity for such a fast launch per
week ? One every couple of weeks ? One per month ?

One of the limitations is sleep. For the current launch, they opened the
hatches to the station 21 hours after they woke up that morning.

So transit can't really last more than 6 hours unless they can get the
crews to wake up closer to lauch.

Although we won't see it, I bet they will look at statistics of people
getting space sick with short vs normal transit.

With short transit, you have 6 hours in the phone booth, and then can
move around. Moving around is bound to affect inner ear as you feel some
acceleration and would also likely have better sense of orienttation in
a stable station with walls etc.

Or perhaps it won't make a difference.