Old April 27th 07, 03:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: NGC 4762

"Stefan Lilge" wrote
Also from one of the bright nights at the end of March is this image of
NGC
4762 (the very thin galaxy to the left).

Cool image Stefan! That edge-on galaxy goes on forever! The elliptical is
NGC 4754.

These are pretty bright and big galaxies so they should be visible in an 8
or 10 inch scope under dark sky. They're around mag 10 and my 20-inch Dob
will get down to around 13th or 14th mag on galaxies from my front yard and
at least another mag dimmer from my dark-sky camp. I'll have to put the pair
on my targets list for both visual and imaging.

BTW, I often print out my CCD images and related info to use as references
for visual observing, so I get a little more use out of the imaging effort.

George N