Old March 28th 18, 12:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Additional SLS Launch Delay

Jeff Findley wrote on Wed, 28 Mar 2018
06:58:58 -0400:

In article ,
says...

Jeff Findley wrote on Tue, 27 Mar 2018
06:05:58 -0400:

In article ,
says...

SLS Block 1B is what NASA will be flying when BFR is ready.

Hopefully. SpaceX would no doubt like to focus all of its development
efforts on BFR instead of Falcon Super Heavy. Unfortunately, we may
have to wait until BFR is flying before SLS is finally killed. BFR will
obsolete SLS completely.

I don't think that will be enough to kill it at this point.

You don't think BFR flying will be enough to kill SLS? BFR will make
SLS look like horse drawn wagons at the dawn of the age of the
automobile. Especially when BFR starts flying crew, refueling in LEO,
and making trips beyond LEO, SLS will look like an antique.

I would hope at that point Congress would stop beating the dead horse
and bury it. This Administration doesn't care much about SLS, it's
Congress that needs "convincing".

I honestly don't think so. I think what we'll get is a "yes, it has
the cargo capacity but the payload interface requirements don't match
our payloads right now and changing those would be prohibitively
expensive" and they will continue to **** money down the SLS rat hole.

--George Bernard Shaw