Old March 20th 13, 07:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Mars solar conjunction downtime

:: how about a relay sat in heliospheric orbit so at least engineering
:: communications can continue?
:: other than cost are there any other issues preventing this?

: Fred J. McCall
: there are no overriding technical reasons why it couldn't be done.
: You'd need a new rocket,

Which would double the price of the mission.
I had heard bob was for less expensive missions?

Well you wouldn't fly one per mission. You'd use it for multiple missions.

My question is would a satellite at an Earth-Sun Trojan point have enough
angle to see Mars during conjunction or would you still have the same
issues?