Old May 19th 11, 08:26 AM posted to sci.astro
Ian[_6_]

Default reading glasses and computers

On May 19, 12:16*am, "Androcles" .
2011 wrote:
"Ian" wrote in message

|I hate to say it, but my $5.00 pair of reading glasses from the
| pharmacy -- which are great for reading books -- just don't focus at
| my lap top screen which is about two and a half feet in front of me.

Put your nose as close to the screen as you put a book to your nose.
When I went to the optician she gave me some text which I held at
arm's length.
She said "You don't read a book at arm's length, do you?"
I replied "I look at a computer screen at arm's length".
I have one pair of varifocals for driving and reading, and one
pair fixed focal plane for the computer.

That is what I want, a pair fixed for the focal plane of a computer. I
don't think I will find them at the drugstore, though. I will have to
get a prescription pair. That is okay, I am tired of looking through
plastic lenses, they are a little murky.