Old April 30th 11, 04:29 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro,sci.physics
Val Kraut

Default Dragon landing on Mars video

One wonders what the plan is to keep the travelers from being killed
by radiation.

NASA tended to be in denial on this issue and made statements like the Mars
crew will get their lifetime dose during the round trip - so no Mars crews
will fly twice. What we need is th acceptance that shielding must be
provided asgainst both gamma and fast particles, and a realistic allotment
for the extra weight. May need some different thoughts on where we make the
fuel - Moon or Mars.

Val Kraut