Old December 24th 17, 04:30 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Red Tesla Roadster mounted on PLA

"Alain Fournier" wrote in message news

On Dec/24/2017 at 10:29 AM, David Spain wrote :
On 12/22/2017 5:55 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:
To get it to fit in the fairing,
the nose of the car is tilted up (maybe 30 or so degrees), making it
look like it's "taking off". Looks like it's mounted quite firmly to
the bottom frame of the car (I believe that's where the battery pack
is/was, so it ought to be the strongest area of the car).

Yeah I would expect that the Li ion battery pack is probably not
"space-rated" and would be wisely left out...

How do car tires deal with space vacuum? Is it launched with them largely
under-inflated? I'd expect they'd "go flat" anyway eventually.

Looks like a convertible, so no need to worry about keeping the windows
rolled down. (That's a joke. Well, unless he was launching an early 60's
version of a Volkswagen Beetle! Closing the doors in one of those
routinely made my ears pop!).

Dave

I hope they will have a copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
and a towel in that car.

Damn it. I wish I had thought of that first. I love it!

Alain Fournier

IT Disaster Response -
https://www.amazon.com/Disaster-Resp...dp/1484221834/