Old December 22nd 17, 10:55 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Red Tesla Roadster mounted on PLA

There is a picture of a Red Tesla Roadster mounted on PLA circulating on
Twitter. I can't find it on either the SpaceX or Elon Musk Twitter
accounts, so this might be a real photo that has been leaked. At first
glance, it doesn't look Photoshopped. To get it to fit in the fairing,
the nose of the car is tilted up (maybe 30 or so degrees), making it
look like it's "taking off". Looks like it's mounted quite firmly to
the bottom frame of the car (I believe that's where the battery pack
is/was, so it ought to be the strongest area of the car).

It's looking like Musk is seriously launching an actual car into space.
Well, that'll be a first for the record books.

Jeff