Old December 21st 18, 09:42 PM posted to sci.astro
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Default No Alien Visits Ever

Jan Panteltje wrote:
Thomas cried
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_hormesis
... near a certain dose, and a certain amount of "statistical health" shows up. As if the "once in a life time" shock
kicked
the immune system into high gear.

As the article says, this is a *hypothesis* and it pertains to *low* *doses*
of ionizing *radiation* only.

So you did read it, read it again.

| Radiation hormesis is the hypothesis that low doses of ionizing radiation
| (within the region of and just above natural background levels) are
| beneficial, stimulating the activation of repair mechanisms that protect
| against disease, that are not activated in absence of ionizing radiation
| similar to vaccinations). […]

Hypothesis. Low doses. Ionizing radiation.

NOT certainty, high doses and any radiation.

End of story.

All the evidence from Hiroshima/Nagasaki, Chernobyl and Fukushima suggests
that prolonged exposure to radioactive material is dangerous for one’s
health and eventually lethal. As I explained, a damaged immune system does
not work properly, so it is quite a stretch to assume that such an immune
system would in some way repair itself. Note that *low* doses would not do
that.

No it does not.

Yes, it does. No person who witnessed these events became healthier from
exposure to them, most of them suffer and some to many have died.

To me, this argument looks a lot like wishful thinking by a clueless person.
Like “duck and cover”. Probably some people never learn.

You are uneducated on this subject.

No, you are.

In the long ago past radiation levels were way higher,
and yet here we are.

Cite evidence.

[clueless blathering]

--