Old December 21st 18, 01:38 AM posted to sci.astro
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Default No Alien Visits Ever

Jan Panteltje wrote:
On a sunny day (Wed, 19 Dec 2018 12:02:17 -0800 (PST)) it happened dlzc
wrote in
:

Attribution _line_, NOT attribution novel.

Dear Jan Panteltje:

This is NetNews, not e-mail.

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 12:56:51 PM UTC-7, Jan Panteltje wrote:
The body has repair mechanisms for damaged DNA.
The survivors of Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl, F*ckupshima, exist.
Some may have grown pointed ears, but most did not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_hormesis
... near a certain dose, and a certain amount of "statistical health" shows up. As if the "once in a life time" shock kicked
the immune system into high gear.

As the article says, this is a *hypothesis* and it pertains to *low* *doses*
of ionizing *radiation* only.

All the evidence from Hiroshima/Nagasaki, Chernobyl and Fukushima suggests
that prolonged exposure to radioactive material is dangerous for one’s
health and eventually lethal. As I explained, a damaged immune system does
not work properly, so it is quite a stretch to assume that such an immune
system would in some way repair itself. Note that *low* doses would not do
that.

To me, this argument looks a lot like wishful thinking by a clueless person.
Like “duck and cover”. Probably some people never learn.

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2