Old October 12th 18, 11:16 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Soyuz Rocket Launch Failure Forces Emergency Landing of Soyuz!

In article ,
says...

I believe right now the only Soyuz at the Station is Soyuz MS-08.

That sounds right. And it "expires" in early January. If I remember
correctly, Russia uses high strength hydrogen peroxide in the reaction
control system of the Soyuz descent module. I believe it's run over a
catalyst to decompose it into gas and produce thrust. The problem is
that hydrogen peroxide degrades over time, diluting it. So at some
point it won't decompose properly in the catalyst pack and therefore
becomes unusable in the thrusters.

Jeff