Old March 6th 19, 04:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Canada Joins Lunar Gateway

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 16:25:41 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:

I tend to believe that the U.S. is a failed (or failing) nation... a
problem that ultimately goes back to a flawed Constitution, one which
created the Senate, one which created self-governing states, and one
which is simply too hard to change.

I think it will become more sensible again once you have stopped
electing deranged narcissistic reality TV stars as President.

It is unclear what can be done to solve the US electoral system which
basically requires obscene amounts of money just to be in the game.
You have a de facto plutocracy with ugly populist tendencies that
pretends superficially to be "democratic" but only when it suits them.

I hope you're right, but I'm not optimistic. The fundamental
structural flaw of states and states' rights is probably unfixable.
And that leads to so many inequalities, which leads to so much social
damage. And it makes addressing so many serious problems that other
countries are finding ways of dealing with impossible in the U.S.