Old November 18th 04, 07:44 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message qk%md.54560$5K2.4126@attbi_s03, w9gb
writes
"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
...After exchanging a couple of e-mails with Mark Wade over an
addition I think needs to be made to the "Phantom Astronauts" page on
EA, I've suddenly come up with an idea for a "Canonical List" of said
Phantoms. However, since most of my time these days is spent at my
60+hour/week job, I've decided to put out a Call For Input here on the
group to see what can be dredged up. Here's the criteria:

"Marooned"
Jim Pruett (Ironman I CDR)
Clayton Stone (Ironman I SCI)
Buzz Lloyd (Ironman I CMP)
Ted Dougherty (Chief Astronaut/XRV Pilot)

Opps ...... you forgot the Russian cosmonaut in the Voskhod (it looked like
a Vostok 3KA in movie)

Cosmonaut-Colonel Andrei Yakovlev. According to Mark Wade, the original
"Marooned" helped scupper the Mercury MA-10 flight.

James Bond "007" series of movies

...Also, the Astros and Cosmos who were intercepted in space by that
SSTO SPECTRE ship.

Thanks ! I remember 2 capsules being captured (US Gemini US capsule with
spacewalker left outside when Spectre ship swallowed it)

Trouble is, none of them have names!

This could become a very long list, but here are some more.

Jeff Hawke http://www.fumetti.org/jordan/en/jhenclub.htm

The crew of the Kilroy Was Here (1975AD)
Lieut. Colonel deFries Sims
Captain Saul S. Abrams
Master Sergeant Malcolm McGregor.

Victor Carroon and Professor Bernard Quatermass.

Major Jennings (no first name given) and Bob Wyart, crew of GT10 in Joe
Poyer's short story "Under the Wide and Starry Sky" (Analog Science
Fiction - Science Fact, May 1966). I wonder if John Young and Michael
Collins knew about that :-)