Old October 12th 03, 10:10 PM
Paul R. Mays

Default Was there a civilization that existed 13 000 years ago?

"DrPostman" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:41:28 -0400, "Paul R. Mays"
wrote:

But just to clarify.. I make no claims.. I state that
some people of note have given specific evidence that
supports the view of a larger civilization than what the
present historical record indicate..

None of those you pointed to hold degrees in archeology,
anthropology, geology, etc.... Why do you take the
word of amateurs with questionable backgrounds over
thousands of well studied field workers who really know
their stuff, and are aware of interdisciplinary collaborations?

Who the **** cares if there are a bunch of letters behind a name..
I might if I wished to just take someone's word for something...

The evidence provided is the important aspect .. not some talking
head telling me what to consider. If a ditzy blond that dropped out
of school at 10 walked up and said "look at this" and hands me a
bone in a vain of coal then tells me its proof that man is as old as
coal I'll take a look and if its interesting I'll study the data and I
could care less what the claim is .. or who made it. I will continue
to question every aspect of mans knowledge base and every claim
made by men of many letters ... even the one's, that due to those letters,
you would take at their word...

All I have been suggesting in this thread ( and I'm not the one that
started it ) is that there is evidence that anyone out there can check..
and when there are several interpretations for the observed... use
your own mind to come up with a rational construct based on the
data... not the self aggrandizement that causes some to brandish
their authority in letters behind their names...

I tend to have greater respect for those like El, hanson,bert, Minor Crank
and others that just use there intellect to support their positions instead
of
resorting to authority... Whether I disagree with their position or not..

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULTŪ member #15-51506-253.

"The services provided by Sylvia Browne Corporation are highly
speculative in nature and we do not guarantee that the results
of our work will be satisfactory to a client."
-Sylvia's Refund Policy

"No, the next step, Doktor, is that you start diagnosing illegally and
stupidly online, and get your license revoked."
-viveshwar

Paul R. Mays
-
Some where within the Quantum State
Http://Paul.Mays.Com
http://paul.mays.com/resume.html

"Perhaps the only thing that saves science from
invalid conventional wisdom that becomes
effectively permanent is the presence of mavericks
in every generation - people who keep challenging
convention and thinking up new ideas for the
sheer hell of it or from an innate contrariness."
- Dr. D. M. Raup, Paleontologist, U. Chicago.