Old March 24th 06, 06:09 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Default Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:57:37 -0500, in a place far, far away, Robert
Juliano made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

It wasn't JUST "leaving footprints on the moon."

we managed to get a few more benefits than JUST landing on the moon...

like:

bio telemetry
alloys
large scale systems engineering
satellite monitoring
fuel cells
power management
more alloys
better weather prediction

Most of these we would have gotten in the absence of Apollo, and some
of them Apollo contributed to not at all.