palsing[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Universe - What We Know

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 2:45:01 PM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 4:33:23 PM UTC-6, palsing wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 2:25:00 PM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 4:18:09 PM UTC-6, palsing wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 11:44:36 AM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:

It is plain that all the galaxies are moving away from a central point.

It has been measured.

Kindly point me to the evidence that supports this claim which measures the distance to the center of the universe.

It would not work. What is evidence for me is not evidence for you.

Then how can you make such an unsupported claim?

The fact that the galaxies are all moving away from a central location is

common knowledge.

No. It is common knowledge that the galaxies that we can observe in our part of the observable universe are all moving away from each other... we really can't say for sure that this is happening in the parts of the universe that we *can't* observe, we can only speculate that the same thing is happening everywhere else. We can't say that they are moving away from any kind of 'center', only that they are moving away from each other!

If you want your kind of evidence go get a book about the

Big Bang from your local library. You will see that though the Big Bang is

called a theory it is generally assumed to be true by the scientific community

at large.

Well, Mark, I don't need to go to the library because I have an extensive library at home that covers all of this, essentially comprised of my college textbooks. Virtually *all* (mainstream) theories are generally accepted by the scientific community, until and unless someone comes along with updated experiments/observations to either update them or disprove them. Remember, *no* theories have ever been 'proven' to be true...

https://medium.com/starts-with-a-ban...f-860df13ce9e1

"I want you to think about the claims that because a scientific theory can never be 100% proven, we can never know for certain whether it’s true or not. Is it wrong to say something isn’t, therefore, real or true because we don’t have 100% proof?" - Carl Sagan

Please read the entire article because it is well-written and very enlightening. You will learn something that you don't know, for sure