Old May 14th 18, 11:23 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default First flight of Block 5 successful launch and landing

The first flight of SpaceX Falcon 9 Block 5 has happened. Both the
launch (the first communications satellite for Bangladesh) and the
landing of the first stage was successful.

I also saw a picture on Twitter of a recovery ship with what looked like
a fairing half under a tarp. This would have been fished out of the
water since Mr. Steven is on the west coast.

What we saw has been described as the end of the beginning for SpaceX.
At this point Block 5 should be standardized as much as possible so that
NASA will certify it for crewed flights. NASA really won't tolerate the
sort of continuous tweaking that SpaceX did on the first 50+ flights.

Jeff