Old May 3rd 17, 09:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia

Default L.I.F.E.

Le 03/05/2017 à 19:09, Fred J. McCall a écrit :
So nothing definitive, just like every other "indication" of life on
Mars (present or just past).

Yes. Nothing definitive. A definitive measurement would have been the
concentration of carbon compounds corresponding to fossils in those
formations.

The rover did not turn back to make that measurement. Actually, it is
difficult to understand how the exploration is being done, and I argued
here some months ago that the rovers should have turned around.

But they didn't. So, there is nothing definitive, just speculations of
people that wait and wait till NASA starts accepting reality.

There are so many "hints" that all together they show a consistent
picture. Life in mars exists underground, well protected from radiation
and the harsh conditions of the surface.

Human exploration is done with the fix idea that "there is nothing
there", and, not surprisingly, they don't find anything.

In another message you say:

Sorry dude, no smoking gun here. Your rambling on about it like it's
been proven makes you sound like a raving nutter (my opinion, of
course).

Great arguments here. "Raving nutter", yeah, of course.

I write here for the record. This is a very ancient usenet group, and I
have been following it since a long time.